Student Welfare Office/Grievance Cell
Sri. D.G.Joshi, Associate Professor in Botany
The Grievance cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit and also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the SWO officer in person. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer to the SWO officer
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc. The SWO forwards the grievance to PSAF to provide financial assistance if the problem has a merit of consideration.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint :
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Leadership Orientation Program Organized by Deshpande Foundation Hubli on 2nd Sep2014:
More than 300 Students have participated.
Student council inauguration and Topper’s day celebration on 9/10/2014:
Chief Guest: Dr Meena Chandawarkar Vice-Chancellor. Akkamahadevi, Karnataka States Woman’s University , Bijapur.
Division level science exhibition organized by Joint-director of collegiate Education Regional office, Gulbarga on 28th March 2015:
Intercollegiate youth festival at GUK from 3rd to 5th Nov. 2015:
Health checkup and blood donation camp held on 26th feb 2016:
Dr c.n.r rao visit to college on 9th aug. 2016:
Guest lecture on “Value education and positive thinking” by Shri E.V.Girish on 29th aug. 2016:
Students’ council inauguration, and toppers day celebration on 28th sept.2016:
Live telecast by honorable Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi on Teacher’s day 5/9/2014:
District level essay competition on the occasion of kannada jayanti held on 10/11/2014:
Student council inauguration and toppers day celebration held on 18th sept 2015:
Parents teacher meet held on 25th feb 2016:
National disaster management day held on 13/02/2016:
Annual gathering on 21st apr 2016:
Rally organized on the occasion of 70th independence day 23rd aug.2016 as per the order of HRD minister and UGC:
Online meditation class organized by heart fullness organization from 1st to 3rd FEB.2016:
Parents meet on 25th march 2017: